Your Business Can Compost
Black Earth (https://blackearthcompost.com) is a Massachusetts based company dedicated to collecting food scraps from residents, schools, supermarkets and universities throughout southeastern New England. The company’s vertically integrated approach to composting, allows them to turn client’s food waste into fresh compost.
Black Earth’s quality commitment
- A broad range on ingredients to support bio-diverse composting
- No grass clippings that contain herbicides, pesticides or insecticides
- Free of weed seeds
- Lab tested for optimal composition
- Screened to 5/8th of an inch for household and commercial composting
- Lab analysis- compost is annually tested at the University of Maine for nutrients, ph, salts, C:N ratio, lead, nickel, cadmium, chromium, zinc, copper and arsenic.
- Perform trial tests on compost by using it to grow clover and fauna beans. These tests help to identify herbicides.
- Compost is tested for communities of bacteria, fungus, protoctis, nematodes.
How to Compost with Black Earth Starter Kit
Link to a guide of what Black earth accepts as a compostable material https://blackearthcompost.com/media/uploads/2019/09/26/BlackEarthCompostGuide.pdf
Town’s with residential pickup programs
Municipal Compost Vendors
Black Earth Composting-Falmouth, Mashpee, Yarmouth
Watts Family Farm INC ( https://guide.farmfreshri.org/food/farm.php?farm=1698) – Barnstable, Brewster, Chatham, Dennis, Falmouth, Mashpee, Wellfleet, Truro, Yarmouth
No system in place – Provincetown, Eastham, Harwich, Sandwich, Bourne and Orleans